G-dog speaks

Monday, July 10, 2006

Nissan

Sothe Brad Paisley concert at Nissan Pavilion on Saturday night was awesome (and free since Pigpen won tickets!) Josh Turner, Sara Evans and Brad Paisley all played and all sounded great live, considering there were times when Sara Evans' voice seemed to be going out on her. Brad Paisley is super hot (a close second to Pigpen I must add) and he played a paisley guitar, which was funny. He and Sara Evans even had video stuff to go along with their show and I found it amazing how well they were able to get everything synced up. For instance, Brad Paisley has a duet he's done with Alison Krauss and of course she wasn't there for the show, but while his band rested backstage, he sang it anyway. I was curious about what would happen when the part that she sang started, and lo and behold, at the appropriate time, she popped onto the screen and sang her verses perfectly. It was beautiful. But then I thought about how that couldn't have been easy to do. Brad was there on a stool on stage all by himself and he just started singing and some sound guy had to cue her video up at the right time. Obviously, there must have been a cue they always use (a certain line in his verse, who knows), but still--the tempo was right, and the timing was right on. I bet that person got paid a lot of money to make sure that happened right and I think Brad Paisley is that much more of a badass musician for getting the tempo right on the song--he was alone and bandless at the beginning of the song. Not like he hasn't sung that particular song hundreds of times already but still!

But let me tell you about the traffic at Nissan. SUCKS. The show ended about 11pm. By the time we got out of there and walked to our car in the boondocks, it was 11:25. We didn't even START the car until 12:15am to sit in the line that wasn't moving to leave. I have no idea why, for 45 minutes, not a single car in either lot was able to move 1 inch, but we saw it. Finally at 12:15, movement commenced and we decided to actually turn the engine over in the car and get out of there. After a detour to the farm (where we assume Pigpen's drunk brother would be partying but he wasn't), we headed home. Great night, until the concert ended. I'll take Merriweather parking over Nissan anyday. But maybe this was a freak situation? I'd be willing to chance it if we win tickets to Kenny Chesney cause dammit, I do think his tractor is sexy.

4 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger towwas said...

I've been to Nissan once, and I'm never going again. The traffic was just horrible. Every now and then someone I like plays there, and I'm like, huh, might be nice to hear them, too bad I'm never going there again.

I'm trying out Merriweather this week - I haven't been there since high school!

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Concert? Live music? What is that? Oh wait! Indgo Girls next Wednesday!!! (Filene Center) Maybe I can catch someone from their staff to convince them that I should be plucked from my regular life to finally fulfill my destiny as the third IG. Probably not but we all need dreams.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Tunnies said...

am I lame? Where the hell is the Filene center? Did they rename the MCI center yet again!?!!?

Nissan gets one more chance. I was baffled about how Pigpen could saw how rockin it was and then have it suck so bad traffic-wise. He must have forgotten about that part of it. I think he only likes it b/c its in VA, not MD.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger towwas said...

Filene center is wolf trap.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home