G-dog speaks

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

replacement search update

Well, we're still interviewing people for my job but I think/hope a decision will be made this week. My boss goes to Vegas all next week so if she doesn't find someone she likes before Friday, she won't have a chance to interview anyone until the week I leave. So, lets hope that after we interview two more people this week, that out of the 7 people we've had come in total for a preliminary interview, SOMEONE will work for her. i'm ready for this to be resolved!

Got two more emailed resumes overnight. One wrote that he attached his resume but actually forgot to, and in the second email he sent, where he did attach it, he wrote: "I think it would be easier for you to read my resume if I actually sent it. " Cute. If my boss had gotten that, I don't know if she would have been as forgiving. But I'm nice. The second person who emailed decided to spell my last name wrong (with an e instead of an a). Which is weird, considering he had to type in my last name for my email address and he got it right there, obviously, b/c i got his email. Details buddy, you have to pay attention to the details. He got my last name wrong in the body of the email and in the cover letter. Neither person can start until they graduate in June and they're in CA so they pretty much don't have a chance, but I can almost guarantee that the second guy, Mr. I can't spell your last name" wasn't going to make the cut...

3 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Blogger towwas said...

Ha. I like the guy's resume comment. Not particularly professional, but amusing.

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Well, it isn't "officially" professional but at least he has a sense of humor. That's important, I think.

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Tunnies said...

yeah, it was funny. but i emailed him today and said sorry, you can't start until way after we need you to (he doesn't graduate until june 17!). oh well.

the guy today was 15 min late. he got lost. i wasn't wowed by him anyway...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home