G-dog speaks

Thursday, May 25, 2006

All by myself

I'm so proud of myself! Sure, I've driven crew trailers by myself without Pigpen, but usually he's behind me in the other truck, or its a quick local race, or its just 2 hours up the road in Delaware. Well yesterday, I drove to ALBANY, NY all by myself with a fully loaded trailer. Things were very much in my favor--the trailer was full, but Pigpen and I were there during loading so we knew things were strapped down well. The weather was beautiful. There was virtually no traffic the route I took (which also included no toll roads since I'm badass). I had Pigpen's truck which has everything you could ever need including on board air (with a compressor), XM radio, a GPS system and a cb radio. Took about 9 hours but it was pretty damn easy!

I even got complimented on my badass driving skills today when I parked the trailer at the race site and unstuck some people without four wheel drive. I can do this by myself! Thanks to Pigpen for teaching me and putting some faith in me and letting me come up here by myself this weekend. Granted--he is flying up tomorrow to drive back with me but I still think he trusts me. :)

2 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Blogger towwas said...

Yay! You're the bomb!

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Plus, you chatted with me on the phone while driving! You rock girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home