G-dog speaks

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Improving myself

So last night, Pigpen and I had a bit of premarital counseling. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. NOT recommended with a member of the clergy--which of course we're not doing since we're not religious and at this moment, we have NO idea who will be the one marrying us on June 10. but the wonderful LCSW we've been going to has really helped us and I'm all sorts of ready to start THIS marriage off right since I failed miserably at the other one. But I learned something deep about myself last night that I need to work on in the New Year and for the rest of my life. I'm a control freak. Spontaneity is NOT my middle name. I found out that Pigpen isn't necessarily spontaneous, but that he doesn't mind last minute spontaneous plans whereas Tunnies has a hard time dealing with last minute changes. Pigpen is SO good at being "go with the flow." So i've been getting mad at Pigpen when things happen last minute and I can't adjust my brain when in reality, its totally been my lack of ability to be easygoing like him that's been the problem. So we discussed how I can loosen up a bit and he can help me by being a little more forthcoming when plans change as they change, not AFTER they change so that I can adjust my mental picture of the situation and be content. Its all about compromise and Tunnies not being the control freak she is. I love talking about myself in the third person...

Dammit, Pigpen and i will be the bestest married couple EVER :)

3 Comments:

At 5:03 AM, Blogger towwas said...

I could've told you you were a control freak for free. :) In fact, I believe Miss S used that very phrase to refer to you in an e-mail not more than a week ago - remember?

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Tunnies said...

yeah, but somehow its all about finding out i'm a control freak in front of Pigpen. that way he really gets it too and can love me for who i am. :)

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

yay! acceptance - it's a theme. ;O)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home